Friday, January 3, 2020

Starters

First off, thank  you for taking the time to check out my blog!

The reason for the creation of this blog is:

1. there are a few people who took initiatives to ask me about housemanship in Sabah so I figured that making a blogpost so that information can be spread to many more people who want to have some sort of idea about what housemanship is like or have a glimpse about the life of a houseman here in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kota Kinabalu

2. I personally find housmanship quite fun and enjoyable, but I know that not everyone sees it that way. so I would like to share a little bit of tips or advice that might encourage medical students who are still studying/ doctors waiting for housemanship post/ current housemen who might find some things useful. or maybe so that someone reading this might have some hope and not just see the bleak future of being a houseman in Malaysia

3. I wish to hear input from you guys too as I am also constantly learning and trying to better myself everyday. So, hopefully this platform can be used to make new friends too!

4. Being a 5th poster now, I see some of my juniors struggle with some daily ward work or understanding things and the system. So, hopefully this will shed some light on the things we need to focus on and zoom in on as a houseman (basically, how to function in the hospital)


Before I begin, few disclamers:

1. this is just based on my personal experience being a houseman here in Hospital Queen Elizabeth, Kota Kinabalu. this may not be the same at hospitals elsewhere
2. whatever my opinions are, its just MY opinions and it does not represent the opinion of housemen as a whole.

More to be added as we go along

Lets dive in!

No comments:

Post a Comment