Friday, January 3, 2020

Introduction

Just a little introduction about myself.

I'm Anjanette or Angie for short. I grew up in a strict family in Johor Bahru, Johor, but rebellious and playful since young. I didn't initially plan to be a doctor. my parents didnt force me either. I intially wanted to study law, performing arts, marine biology etc but my parents are said no for various reasons. and so the next in line in terms of interest would be medicine. and since they were okay with me doing medicine, i went ahead with it. 

I am the eldest of 3 siblings. My younger sister wanted to become a doctor first, wayyyyyy before i did and it seemed like i copied her. hahhah! She's really smart. but you dont have to be the smartest to be a good doctor. You just need the right attitude cause knowledge is at our fingertips, skills can be learned, but what cannot be instilled is ATTITUDE. 

It wasnt easy to enter medical school. it wasnt easy throughout medical school, it wasnt easy graduating from medical school either. its a long tiring journey. 
Now take a moment to think about YOUR JOURNEY IN MEDICAL SCHOOL. what can you say about it? 

Satisfied? worth it? feel like a load off your shoulders? happy? 

Thats how i feel about my housemanship, now that its ending soon. 

I chose Sabah to do my housemanship because:
1. I love diving. I want to be near the sea at all times. I want to be able to go to the beach whenever I feel down or feel drained out 
2. I can live away from family. I've been living away for 7 years so I'm used to being away 
3. the training in Sabah is tough, but for good reason. I want to be trained to be as wholesome as I can be (that was also the reason why housemanship was increased from 1 year to 2 years training) 
4. I want to try a different lifestyle (outside of the busy city life that I grew up in) 





2 comments:

  1. I actually got my housemanship in HQE today. How often do you get to go to diving as a Housemen. That was my main reason for choosing HQE as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! All the best Rose! Hope your first month was good! I go diving once a month. Well, cause its too expensive to go diving more frequent than that. Hahha! If youre considering a dive company, may i suggest Scuba Junkie? They’re really professional and the price is reasonable!

      Delete